Nork, Yerevan, Armenia (October 1 - October 12)
Topics > NATO ASI
Speakers cognisant in the following topics have been invited:
- Intrusion prevention, detection, and response systems,
- Network perimeter controls (firewalls, packet filters, application gateways), Virtual private networks,
- Securing Internet and Infrastructure Protection (DNS, DoS, etc) Routing security in communication networks, Radio Frequency Identification and Fingerprinting.
- Fundamental services on network and distributed systems (authentication, data integrity, confidentiality, authorization, non-repudiation, reliability, and availability),
- Integrating security services with system and application security facilities and protocols (message handling, file transport/access, directories, time synchronization, data base management, boot services, mobile computing),
- Security for emerging technologies (sensor networks, specialized testbeds, wireless, ad hoc and mobile networks, personal communication systems, peer-to-peer and overlay network systems),
- Tradeoffs between security and efficiency, usability, reliability and cost. Software hardening (detecting and defending against software bugs, and buffer overflows)
- Mathematical, theoretical aspects of steganography, information hiding, guessing, quantum cryptography, phone systems security (struggle against fraud).